Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Nice To be Home

well we're back.....we had fun, but scarlett was sick the whole time....so it's nice to be in our home and in my own bed....i took scarlett to the doctors yesterday and she has a double ear infection again....4 in 2 months!!.....she was up all night in pain, so they gave her tylenol with codine (aren't drugs great).....she is doing better, but the doctor said she will need tubes, which is fine with me, if it will stop her from getting ear infections...i hate to see her miserable....trent had them also..... he had 10 ear infections in one year and after getting tubes he has never had an ear infection since....the doctor said it is genetic and since wes got tubes in his ears when he was little, i'm blamming it all on him:)

4 comments:

Deb said...

Ear infections are brutal! Did the plane ride bother her ears too? Poor thing! Zach had 6 or so in one year, but then they disappeared. Now I am always convinced Dane has an ear infection when he wakes up in the night crying.....
I didn't get a chance to watch Oprah, but I heard about it. I honestly don't know if I could have watched/listened to it. It totally freaks me out and I would probably be bawling. I think I will take the info from your post and send it out in a mass e-mail to get it out there.
hope you get to post some pics from your trip soon!
D

Begin to Breathe said...

at least you know what to expect now with trent having gone before her! tubes were a life saver for brennen...and i guess bryce just lucked out in the ear department! glad you are home safe and sound. it was great seeing you this past weekend:)

xox
jess

Julie McRedmond said...

Ear infections SUCK. Hudson had duoble ear infections every two weeks for 8 months.....so much fun. once he stopped teething it finally stopped. at least you have some comfort knowing the tubes will work. give her and you some love from me. glad you are home safe. juls

Annie said...

Vee
i am so sorry to hear about the ear infections. I hope she gets better soon. Being home is always nice isn't it. I am glad you had a good time. Your kids are super cute vee...
Annie